Today, Golf sport has many participating ages: Teen, Adults, Middle Ages, Seniors. That is why golf club manufacturers have created club products that are suitable for all ages. Choosing an age-appropriate club is extremely important.
In this article, we only mention the selection of iron golf clubs that are suitable for seniors. Hope to have useful information for seniors before choosing your iron club set.
The first step in choosing a golf club that an older person should consider is club weight because it significantly affects how you can control your iron to hit the ball properly and avoid injuries caused by overweight and accident.
Light golf clubs might not always be optimal here.
However, the products weigh between 50g and 60g, and the tip of the club should be heavier than the bottom end.
It is best to get your hands on the clubs first, if possible, before choosing anything. If not, look to a branded golf iron for support and advice in advance.
Next, when choosing to buy an iron golf club, the Seniors should pay attention to that: Shaft, Versatility, Forgiveness, Price, and Brand
- Shaft flex is an important factor here. Because it shows you how flexible the whole thing can be rotated in rotation. It has a direct effect on the distance and direction of the ball. Fortunately, there is a practical flexing device designed precisely for the needs of the elderly. Rank as S (Senior.).The shaft weight, as we mentioned.
- The longer shaft length, providing a firm shot to increase swing speed.
- The shaft material should be steel or graphite to reduce weight significantly
- For elder players, it’s advisable to take the versatility of Golf irons
- From the experience of the experts, a 6 or 7 iron is a good choice to fly off a decent distance with an increased loft.
- You can expect a good chip right on a par five and against the pin.
- If your seniors want more power and ball consistency, consider choosing a new set of the most forgiving irons. So they can strike all from the rough and even on the turf. Some other irons come with larger clubfaces or clubheads, as well as wider soles and ticker toplines.
- The high-loft irons club head is useful for seniors having decreased strengths and flexibility. The larger clubhead also means a better sweet spot and more forgiveness.
For the elderly sake, prepare a budget at a hundred dollars or more to get a high-quality and user-friendly iron golf Clubs set.
The last issue we want to mention is the famous golf club brands that older golfers should choose: branded products can cover all you need for the best golf irons for seniors. When going for these brands, you can free to access their support team to get the most informative idea of what golf iron to choose for yourself.
For that reason, we bring top brands under your fingertips, They include the Majex, TaylorMade, Callaway, Wilson, Extreme, Tour Edge, etc. At that time, you will hardly make the wrong choice
This list of best golf irons for seniors is definitely helpful to help you make a choice, Moreover, it will be much better if you can try different golf iron styles and shapes yourself to choose the best suitable.
The best senior golf irons should be reasonably lightweight, high forgiveness, with the high-loft clubhead.
Above are some sharing experiences when choosing a set of iron for seniors,
Wish you choose a satisfactory set of iron golf clubs.
Thank you very much